Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

April 18, 2014

#FridayPainting : Silvery Seas, Rhum and Eigg from Camusdarach, Scotland



The Road to the Isles - west coast Scotland, winds along a coastline that is as beautiful as any in the world.  At Camusdarach in Morar, fine bone and silver coloured sand forms an arc across the bay, (lapped by impossibly clear water on the day I visited).  Close-by, are the spellbinding Isles of Eigg and Rhum - Eigg, a flat low table and its converse neighbour Rhum, with high-reaching jagged peaks encircled by swirling cloud.  On the distant horizon, pale violet in colour, are the incredible towering Cuillin Mountains of the Isle of Skye.  An intoxicating combination ....

Above painting : Silvery Seas, Rhum and Eigg from Camusdarach, Scotland - available as ready-to-hang Limited Edition Canvas Wraps or Paper Prints.

If you like this post, please subscribe by email using the 'WEEKLY NEWS INTO YOUR INBOX' Form near the top of the page.

You can take a look at all my paintings at - Melanie McDonald Gallery

Or come and say Hello, ask a question (love to hear from you!), and chat with me on Twitter
Like my NEW page on Facebook
(Pinterest and pictures on Tumblr)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...