Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

April 12, 2014

New Paintings of Rock and The Camel Estuary in Cornwall









A week or so ago I wrote how my Pinterest board called 'Solitary Figures' had triggered a new group of paintings.  Well, here they are!  

This group of eight paintings were inspired by a little coastal village called Rock, in north Cornwall, UK.  Rock rests on the edge of the beautiful Camel Estuary, (one of the most striking areas in Cornwall to paint, in my opinion!).  Across the broad expanse of gorgeous light reflecting water, is the famous harbour town of Padstow nestled in the valley.  I think the paintings have a poetic quality, the romance of long walks alone with only your thoughts for company ... and a few gulls, of course!

Top painting: Golden Morning Walk, near Rock, Cornwall


Painting above: Spring Morning, Camel Estuary, Cornwall

Painting above: Beautiful Morning, Padstow Bay, Cornwall


Painting above: Blue Horizon, Padstow Bay, Cornwall


Painting above:  Live as you dream, Rock, Cornwall

 Painting above: Peaceful Estuary, near Rock, Cornwall


Painting above: Celtic Coast, Daymer Bay, Cornwall

Painting above: Wild Walk, near Padstow, Cornwall

You can take a look at all my paintings at - Melanie McDonald Gallery

My 'Solitary Figures' Pinboard can be seen here on Pinterest.

Or come and say Hello, ask a question (love to hear from you!), and chat with me on Twitter
Like my NEW page on Facebook
(Pinterest and pictures on Tumblr)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...