Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

March 03, 2017

#FridayPainting - Between the winds, between the waves

Between the here, between the now
Between the north, between the south
Between the west, between the east
Between the time, between the place

From the shell
A song of the sea
Neither quiet nor calm
Searching for love again
Mo ghrá (My love)

Between the winds, between the waves
Between the sands, between the shore
From the shell
A song of the sea
Neither quiet nor calm
Searching for love again

Between the stones, between the storm
Between belief, between the sea
Tá mé i dtiúin (I am in tune)

The beautiful haunting song lyrics from the Irish animated movie "Song of the Sea" sung by Lisa Hannigan, (love to paint along to her music in the studio....)

Painting above named after the song!  Between the winds, between the waves

You can take a look at all my paintings at - Melanie McDonald Gallery

Or come and say Hello, ask a question (love to hear from you!), and chat with me on Twitter
Like my NEW page on Facebook 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...