Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

April 07, 2017

#FridayPainting: Early summer, Camel Estuary

My Garden -- like the Beach --
Denotes there be -- a Sea --
That's Summer --
Such as These -- the Pearls
She fetches -- such as Me

'My Garden -- like the Beach', a short poem by Emily Dickinson who loved the sea and her garden most in life.  Her distinctive, powerful and passionate poems have inspired me for years.  If you'd like to read more of her poetry, you can find the link here - Emily Dickinson's Poetry .

Painting above: Early Summer, Camel Estuary

You can take a look at all my paintings at - Melanie McDonald Gallery
Or come and say Hello, ask a question (love to hear from you!), and chat with me on Twitter
Like my NEW page on Facebook 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...